Nominate a Renewer
Are you a candidate who thinks you’ve got what it takes to be a Renewer? Or do you know a local candidate who deserves our attention? We’re looking for any and all potential renewers to join our Watchlist. Candidates and campaigns interested in being considered should email [email protected] to apply. If you think your local, state or federal candidate could be a Renewer, send them this link and urge them to apply.
Purpose & Criteria
The Renew America Watchlist exists to help the organization and grassroots supporters be aware of candidates running for office who are striving to be Renewers in the ways we define them but whose races have yet to rise to full “Renewer” status. Renewers not only get formal recognition from the organization but promotion among our networks as well as many other forms of engagement throughout the election cycle.
Those on the watchlist may or may not ultimately become Renewers, at the discretion of the political affairs committee and RAM leadership.
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for the Renew America Watchlist. Candidates and/or their campaigns must submit and/or demonstrate these.
- Be an officially filed candidate with all necessary entities (local, state, federal)
- Must be submitted by campaign to RAM
- Agree publicly with the Principles for American Renewal
- Either via social media post or press release, shared with RAM
- Demonstrate a professional, organized campaign
- Provide a list of paid or volunteer campaign staff
- Provide a brief “path to victory” statement
- Exhibit proficient use of social media and a growing following
- Raise a respectable amount of initial money
- Min. $50,000 for federal or statewide race
- Min. 10% of total raised and spent by winning candidate in previous race if non-federal or non-statewide
Meeting all these criteria does not necessarily guarantee a candidate’s spot on the RAM Watchlist. Other factors, such as research, alignment and location, may also play a factor. If selected, campaigns will be notified and the candidate will receive public recognition via RAM social media and/or email platforms. Other possible collaborations with Watchlist candidates could include, but are not guaranteed:
- Participation in a RAMChat (twice monthly digital video podcast)
- Fundraising collaboration within legal limits
- Grassroots connection to RAM supporters
- Earned media opportunities
HOW TO APPLY FOR WATCHLIST STATUS
Candidates who wish to be considered for the Watchlist should email [email protected] to request an application. If you know of a candidate whom you believe should be on our watchlist, email their campaign with this link urging them to apply.